Just look at the progress made since the election:
1. Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.
2. Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to google.
3. Millions of Americans are exercising more. They’re holding signs and marching every week.
4. Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone’s forgotten he’s kind of a jerk.
5. The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.
6. Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of anti-depressants.
7. Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.
8. Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.
9. Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.
10. Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.
11. Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.
12. Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.
13. White people in record numbers have just learned that racism is not dead. (See #6)
14. White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.
15. Stephen Colbert’s “Late Night” finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today’s Jon Stewart.
16. “Mike Pence” has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.
17. Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.
18. Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.
19. As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.
20. Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.
21. Massive cleanup of facebook friend lists.
22. People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell’s “1984” increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)
23. More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.
24. Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.
– Susan Keller (Copy and paste to share.)
Archive for the ‘anti Trump’ Tag
Just look at the progress made since the election:
Twitter, my favorite social media site (and where I spend WAY too much time these days) is a treasure trove of anti-Trump memes, tweets, cartoons, insults, links to articles, “fake news” (real news), and anything else a Trump hater like me could love. Some are extremely funny, like this restaurant sign. I think […]
Trump won and ever since then protests have broken out and some riots. Then last night it finally happened in my city. I get off work and I had to be escorted out because they had put chains on the doors and there was a huge crowd in the park. I saw smoke and heard shots and then people left the park and I noticed graffiti on buildings and people hitting cars with their hands and circling around them and I saw some people getting into a car. They even had to close the train stop and then I was hearing rumors the protest had broken into a riot and I was told it’s not protestors rioting, it’s just people using them to make trouble because they will be blended in the crowd. They are not even part of the protest. But the media is reporting it as some anti Trumpers are rioting than stupid kids using the protest to make trouble. I’m anti Trump but I am not out destroying property but I am disgusted how anyone can vote for this monster, sexist, racist, homophobic, xenophoibic and rapist guy. I honestly couldn’t careless what happens to Trump supporters but going around destroying property for no reason just makes it all look bad and undermines the protest.
I am feeling we have another Hitler and we had voted for this guy and my husband and mother think things will work out because we have survived the bad times before and things always worked out at the end. Plus I have no idea if our country will split up because Oregon is talking about it now and so is California. I heard they want to build a wall around their state and that reminds me of Berlin.
I did even see a trash can lid on the ground and I had to wait half hour for the train because they delayed the trains even though no one was blocking them. I came home and watched it on TV and saw some of it live and looked at the Tweets and I was happy to see some protesters trying to stop the rioters and arrests have been made. This all told me to stay away from downtown at night and evenings because your car might get busted and it made me glad the auto shop my car is at isn’t even close to downtown so my car is safe from the riots. My mom doesn’t even call this a riot because she has seen worse and she thinks they are just exaggerating by calling it a riot. Nothing is being burned down and it’s just minor stuff like graffiti and broken windows and firecrackers but car are being hit with bats and a few of them were totaled at the dealership.
But people are really scared and living in fear now because Trump won. Plus more racism has broken out after he won because people think him winning is a free pass to be a open racist now so non whites have been getting harassed now. One kid in Eugene got suspended for calling a kid a nigger.
But if Clinton had won, I am sure this same thing would have happened by Trump supporters. Plus there were people who voted for neither.
I am so ashamed to be an American but at least the protesting shows not all of us are racists, sexists, bigots, xenophobics, and homophobics. Honestly I wouldn’t care if our country broke up into different countries and if my state became their own country and California and Washington joined us. That reminds me of Russia and the Cold War. My husband thinks this is going to be a Civil War because he said that is how it started but I thought it started because of slavery and people wanted to end it.
I just hope this won’t turn into Germany and I hope Trump won’t invade other countries, let’s hope he isn’t that bad. I also hope we won’t go backwards in time and I hope our healthcare won’t go backwards.