This is a post about why I don’t like all shapes and sizes body acceptance movements.
1) They abandon you when you decide to lose some weight because you were tired of not finding clothes in your size or not fitting into all seats or getting achy joints or having troubles going up or down the stairs or getting tired moving around and your legs rubbing together when you walk.
2) They only care about eating disorders and people being so anorexic they are damaging their bodies and being hospitalized for it but they don’t care about obesity diseases. I wonder if they even care if someone is binging on food and doing comfort eating or has an eating addiction?
3) While they may work out and eat healthy, they still frown upon thinnies who do the same and call it fat shaming.
4) They gloss over the affects of obesity disease and don’t care if being anorexic is also unhealthy when you say “being too big and too skinny is unhealthy.” They will block you for that.
5) They think you are fat shaming just because you don’t want to be fat and think you don’t accept your body or because you feel fat or see yourself as fat
6) They think any diet is bad but yet they are eating healthy or sticking to lean products and eating sweets in moderation, that is a diet my friend
7) They dismiss health facts as fat shaming and will also block you for it
8) They hate TV shows out there like My 600 LB Life to show reality of what it’s like to be morbid obese and how debilitating that it and see it as fat shaming and they don’t care how much it affects that person on the show
9) They see any comments out there as fat shaming even though the definition of it says:
the action or practice of humiliating someone judged to be fat or overweight by making mocking or critical comments about their size.
“the star endured fat shaming and cyberbullying for the weight she gained while pregnant”
expressing mockery or criticism about someone judged to be fat or overweight.
“she refuses to resort to extreme dieting because of fat-shaming bullies”
They see fat shaming everywhere when it’s not even there. See 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8
10) They try to delude other people to believe they can never change their body and this is just who they are and get them to not take care of themselves and try and make them give up. Hey if they want to make changes to themselves, let them. None of your business.
11) They see overweight people as trying to get rid of overweight people when they lose weight and work at it.
12) They make it be about them
13) They feel threatened when a healthy person decides to lose some weight to look better but yet they don’t feel threatened when a healthy person decides to put one some weight. See 1, they abandon you when you do lose some weight despite having none of those things.
14) They dismiss thin shaming just because they still get thin privileges and don’t see it as the same.
15) The hypocrisy. See 2, 3, 6, and 13.
16) They seem to have something against people being thin (not talking about anorexia here)
17) They play the feelings police, see 5. They think they can dictate how you should feel about yourself or else you are “fat shaming.” Body image issues are real and they make it be all about them, see 12. It doesn’t matter how someone feels about themselves, just because they don’t want to be fat doesn’t mean they view you less as a person just because you are bigger than them or smaller or have a different body shape or size than they do. This is what I mean by they make it be all about them.
18) They dismiss thin struggles eg. not finding clothes that fit just because see 14.
19) They think all diets lead to eating disorders. No they do not. Anorexia is a disease. People do not get anorexia from dieting, they get it because they got that disease so they do unhealthy things. Anorexia is not a diet, it’s a disease. There is such thing as an unhealthy diet and that is common in anorexia. See 6, eating healthy is a diet. Eating snacks in moderation and sweets is a diet. But it’s a healthy one.
If you are a body positive person and also part of the “All Bodies comes in shapes and sizes” movement and the list above doesn’t fit you and you agree with what I have written, let me know because I would love to hear not every all shapes and sizes acceptance person is like this. I still have yet to find you guys.
I do agree that everyone is different and have different body types and it doesn’t matter if you wear a size 6 or a size 10 or a size 16 but I will never join this movement because of how toxic it is and do not wish to be part of any of this nor be lumped with this group.
I do not dismiss science or health facts nor do I promote obesity and anorexia. I do not promote fat shaming and shaming people for their bodies and making fun of them or throwing stuff at them or laughing at them if they fall or can’t fit into a seat or if they are having troubles getting up, etc. not cool. I also do not promote feeders or parents letting their kids get overweight and teaching them to be obese. Instead I promote teaching them to eat in moderation and not eat for comfort or boredom and teaching them to eat healthy. I tell my kids too much of anything is bad; food, water, exercise, body fat, and too little of anything is bad and the list repeats. Body Acceptance Movements do not care about this and they see anything in between as a threat. See 4.
Any rude or hostile comments will be ignored and not approved but I will welcome any comments even if you don’t agree because I welcome different perspectives and different views even if I don’t agree. 🙂